Saturday, 24 March 2012

Appreciation

A friend sent this to me because she said it reminded her of me. It made my day. Thank you Robyn for seeing the heart of why I do what I do.

The teacher whose measurement of success does not come in the stroke of a red pen, letter, percentage, but rather in my new found, quiet confidence as I begin to realize my own potential.

The teacher whose actions always speak louder than their words; who understands that, although my best may look different from others', it is an achievement deserving of equal praise; who proves that my learning ability just comes in a different shaped box.

The teacher who often stands with me, so I do not stand alone; who displays initiative and effort before asking it of anyone else; whose committment to me, helps others to acknowledge my capacity and worth.

The teacher who believed in me, until I learned to believe in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment