Monday, 26 January 2015

My New App

 App Website
I have a new app which I have found incredibly useful over these past few weeks. It's called the Balanced App and according to the website, it's going to make my 'life improvement simple'! I need life improvement. And I need it simply so that works out. Plus it's free. 

The app lets you choose activities that are important to you and then pick how many times a day/week/month that you want to do them. You can change your options at any time, like when you add 'meditate' every day and then don't actually meditate even once a week…you can just delete it and pretend that failure never happened. I started slow with only a few things to do each day so as to not overwhelm myself and after trying out different balancing activities, this is what I currently have on my 'to do' list:

                               Be thankful - every day
Drink some water - every day
Be present - every day
Hit the gym - 5x a week
Read - 4x a week
Yoga or stretching - 1x a week
Write a blog entry - 2x a month

The app gives you encouraging comments that validate your newfound balanced life, like "Good job! You can chill out now." They're good for a laugh.

Being the excessive list maker that I am, I get a thrill when I check items off my lists and this app is rather fulfilling in that respect. It helps me to not worry about the 'House', 'Work'  or general 'To Do' lists that I don't actually want but should do (hence their never-ending existence due to procrastination) and focus on the fact that I am being productive - just in a different way. Every time I swipe the 'done' button I know I have done something positive for my health and wellbeing and I think that's the most important list of all these days. It has also inspired me to look at my other to-do lists and take items off that I really don't need or want to do.

Once my balanced activities become healthy habits that don't require reminders to complete, I hope to add:


Meditate
Go outside (come on Spring!)
Go for a run

One step at a time though. 

The biggest challenge will be seeing if I can stick to what I need to be healthy physically and mentally when I go back to work next week. Wish me luck!

May you all find a little more balance in your lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment