Saturday, 14 January 2012

A Top 10 from this Week

1. I made it to the gym. 3 count 'em, 3 times this week. I was tired and it hurt but it felt great! I got there and was all of a sudden full of energy and ready to give it. I quickly became aware of how weak my body was when using weights, but that's what I get for not going for almost 2 months.

2. I made time for ME this week. With Steve on nights and Brennan in bed on time, I poured myself some wine (because it's good for your heart you know) and read my Book Club book. The dishes sat until i was ready. So did the laundry. I finished the book (and coincidentally the dishes and laundry) which is great because I hadn't finished the last two on time. The best part of finishing the book is the 'meeting' with delicious food, cute toddlers making a huge mess and screaming with delight as they chase each other around, and talking with a group of some of the most amazing women I've ever met.

3. A stressful and sad situation with one of my students worked out perfectly after I was sure the system was going to fail him. Organizations worked together and came up with a solution that was in the best interest of the CHILD and his family, regardless of cost and time constraints. It was incredible. I have some renewed faith.

4. I finally made it to McMaster Children's Hospital to donate some of Brennan's old toys and his birthday money to the Ronald McDonald Room in the children's unit. Earlier that day, I passed on my hospital parking passes to strangers. I bought a toaster oven for the kids at work. It felt great to give.

5. Steve installed our new microwave and the stove doesn't fit anymore so that means I get a new one :)

6. I ate lunch at work this week. Every day. Only one day was during the actual lunch hour, but that's one hell of an improvement from 2011!

7. I've done well so far with my January resolution of watching my spending. A couple of 'not completely necessaries', but overall, a huge improvement. I'm contemplating what to choose for February...

8. Brennan put a diaper on Elmo today and then asked me if I wanted him to put one on me! He slept with me all week and we held hands. He counted 7 cars today. He yells, "Yeah laundry" when I bring out the baskets and offers to help unload the dishwasher EVERY time.

9. I feel an urge to be creative. To pull out my scrapbooking box - the one I started while on mat leave. This may very well be surfacing since report cards and IEPs are due soon. The ever popular Pinterest site I just learned about could also be a new outlet.

10. A great football game just ended and I had time to watch it. The Bailey's and Peppermint Schnapps I'm sipping right now is delightful. The soft glow of candles on my dust, crumb, and toy-free table is calming. My pjs are warm. I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment