Saturday, 18 February 2012

Break

I need one.

From grey skies. From hormones. From sad situations children grow up in.

I'd like a break from the mundane and tiring to join the world of creative and energetic.

I know what I need to do. Sometimes I get too far in an unhealthy rut and think, "Why bother?", kind of like when the clothes pile up on the bed. And the floor. Why stop now?

I'll be fed up soon enough and finally do something about it. I'm looking forward to that day because this annual February Pity Party is unwarranted, unwanted and rather pathetic.

*****

On a related note, why do people not follow sound advice? Like drinking 8 glasses of water a day, avoiding fast food, exercising regularly, flossing? Strange that as a culture we have such an incredible wealth of knowledge about healthy living and so many of us choose to ignore it. It's so easy to give advice and we know better. Not as easy to follow.

Clearly I'm failing with flying colours on my resolutions. February, you stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment