He says good-bye to his toys, shoes, and Daddy's car when we go out, "Bye toys. See you soon."
When he sees a picture of one of us, he asks, "Is dat you Mommy? Dat you?" Always says it twice.
He calls my Gramma 'Ding Dong' because she has a grandfather clock and when it goes off she says ding dong. So now she's Ding Dong. When he talks to her on the phone, just before getting off, he still says, "Merry Christmas Ding Dong" then kisses the phone.
He stands in front of the fridge and says, "Umm how bout...yogurt?"
At dinner time, he says, "No, I don't want dinner. How bout cookie? 1,2,3 cookie."
He says goodbye to his poop.
When he wakes up in the morning he asks to 'watch his shows'. He knows The Young and the Restless is Mommy's show and hockey is Daddy's show.
When we pass the Goodlife plaza he asks to 'go to gym'. It's a helpful reminder.
This new exchange I still don't get. My friend Lyss posts these hilarious conversations she has with her son, so I thought I'd steal her idea and give it a whirl...
Brennan: "Brennan have grapes?"
Me: "You want grapes?"
Brennan: "Yes"
Me: "How do you ask?"
Brennan: "Peas Mommy"
I cut up grapes and pass him the bowl.
Brennan screaming and crying: "NOOOO!! I don't like grapes!"
Me: "Okay, Mommy will have them then."
Brennan: "No Brennan wants grapes."
And then he eats them.
When he plays with his tool set, he always says, "Look Mommy! Just like Grandpa!"
If he sees anything with Toy Story, he knows it's his cousin Grayce's favourite and if he sees anything to do with Cars, he knows it's his best friend's favourite. He likes monkeys.
He pretends to cook in his kitchen when I'm pretending to cook in mine.
He tells me what direction to turn when I'm driving and he's usually right!
And last but not least...Brennan makes me laugh when he farts and then says, "Toots" and then cracks up laughing. Look out ladies!
I am laughing, too - I wondered if Brennan was saying "peas" for "please." He sounds adorable, and with an adorable mother who has outfitted him with his own kitchen :) It also sounds as if he's feeling better - I'm glad to hear it and all the new life in your blog these days, India xx
ReplyDelete